background

Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Audiobook: Deadly Obsession by Katie Reus (Review)

A couple weeks ago I had a chance to listen to Deadly Obsession by Katie Reus. Okay this has been sitting my audible collection for sometime, and I'm finally getting to it. I wanted a little suspense in my life. Oh man, the bad guy is super creepy and a freak. I honestly didn't know who the dude was till the end. However, he was one messed up kind of dude who had an obsession for Lily Carmichael.

Now Lily is suffering from PTSD, and is trying to cover her issues. By the way this got on my nerves and the reason she left the area. How she handled the situation was pretty messed up when she broke up with Braden Donnelly. She should have told him and let him believe her or been dick. We don't know what he would have done, because she never gave him a chance.

Basically, she comes home for her aunt's funeral, and a bunch of things start to happen that put her life in danger. Of course this draws Lily and Braden together. They try to figure out what the heck is going, and at the same time solve a problem that has been bugging Braden.

Lily kind of bugged me, because she had this need to prove that she can do it on her own attitude. I get that she wanted to prove that she was strong, but it drove me nuts. I like Braden, because he had a good head on his shoulders. Plus, he didn't want to get hurt by Lily again, after all he did get burned.

Okay, the story was super creepy. The narrator, Eliza Foss, does an amazing job with this story. There were times I was glad I was listening to the story during the day. She was able to capture each of the characters voice. The villain's voice still creeps me out. She would be someone I would be willing to listen read another suspense story.

Overall, I liked Deadly Obsession. I had to listen to the story, and I wanted to know who the killer was. However, this is an older Katie Reus book, and it might not have the same feel as her newer books. I still enjoyed the story, and would be willing to listen to it again.

Copy provided by author.

No comments:

Post a Comment