background

Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Nocturne by Elizabeth Ellen Carter (Review)

I had a chance to read Nocturne by Elizabeth Ellen Carter. Honestly, I don't know how I feel about the story. I finished last week and I'm still processing. Nocturne wasn't bad story, but it also didn't stand out to me. I tried to see where it's categorized as in the romance-land, and it came out to be a gothic romance. I can see where you people see that. I mean the location is kind of dark and dreary with sinister feel. The heroine Elle not sure how she fits into the picture as the new governess. We also have the hero Thomas who is a shadow of himself living with his brother who happens to be the Earl. Then I also felt that it wanted to go in an inspirational kind of read, but never quite did. There were phrases that kind of made me think that.

Like I said Nocturne wasn't a bad read, but didn't wow me. I think story probably should have been longer, but it is what it is. There are those who loved the story. It's more like meh to me.

Copy provided.

Rating:
3 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment