background

Wednesday, June 14, 2017

The Cajun Doctor by Sandra Hill (Review)

Yes, I wanted to read The Cajun Doctor, because the hot guy on the cover. I also did want to read it, because I like Sandra's Vangel books. I actually didn't realize this was part of a previous series, now I know. However, those who have been following Cajun books will remember some of the characters, while it's all new to me.

We meet Daniel and Aaron LeDeux, twin brothers, after their mother's death find out they have more family. Their father's family, so they travel down to Louisiana to meet them. At this time, they aren't sure what they are going to do with their lives. Then the story starts to focuses on Daniel, and Samantha Starr. When Samantha was trying to fix her life after a blip of a marriage, she had decided that all doctors were scum. Gotta love scum sucking ex-husbands. So, you might say that Daniel and Samantha don't see eye-to-eye. Actually, they tend to egg one another on. They seem to rub each other the wrong way, so the banter between them is pretty fun. However, her brother finds himself in some serious trouble decides to turn to Daniel for help.

The Cajun Doctor was an all right read. I liked the story, but the cajun dialect got a little too much for me granted it was in the bayou area. I guess I'm use to redneck Louisiana, which there is. However, I did like the relationship between Daniel and Samantha. It was pretty much all sexual tension they were going to ignore until they were forced to be together. Now I'm curious where Aaron was while he was missing in action. He was always gone, but he would come back here and there. I wouldn't mind knowing what's going on in his life. Anyway, an all right read.

Copy provided by Avon.

Rating:
3 1/2 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment