background

Friday, December 1, 2017

Audiobook Review: A Witch's Handbook of Kisses and Curses by Molly Harper

Okay, after listening to A Witch's Handbook of Kisses and Curses, I decided I needed to go and listen/read the Jane Jameson books. Granted you don't need to, but there are reoccurring characters from that series might help you with the Half-Moon Hollow books. One of them is Dick Cheney. Goodness, listening to the Jane Jameson series makes you understand Dick soooo much more. Plus, it makes the story even more funny.

Anyway, I did have fun with A Witch's Handbook of Kisses and Curses, but it wasn't my favorite book. The first run through on the listening I was like it's okay. Since I'm on a Molly Harper kick and only have a couple of her audible books, I re-listen to the story again. Boy did this put some perspective on the story. The little things I missed. Still not my favorite in the series, but still a fun read/listen.

We have Nola Leery who needs to help her family keep her magic, but all she wants to be is normal. Kind of hard when your a witch. So, she's on a scavenger hunt to find the elements. She has a boyfriend at the beginning of the book, Stephen (not sure on the spelling because of audio). She loves him, but the farther she gets away from him, she's not sure why. By the way, it's pretty jacked up when you find out why. Sucks for Nola, because for a little while she feels like she's a bad girlfriend, especially when she develops the hots for Jed Trudeau. This gets a little complicated, but fortunately its not in a sense. Yep, being extremely vague here. There's a lot at stake here. Nola trying to save her families magic, trying to keep the evil sect of the family from getting their magic and it has to be done by the summer solstice; an easy feat.

I had conflicting feelings towards Nola, and part of that came from I thought she was cheating on her boyfriend Stephen. She's not. She's not a cheater. No cheating happen here, but a misunderstanding and is explained at the end. Jed, I absolutely love. Oh my gosh, he's such a sweet good ol' boy. He does some dumb things in the story, but it comes from a place of love for his family. I totally fell for Jed. We get hang out with Jane, Andrea, and a few other characters in Half-Moon Hollow.

Overall, A Witch's Handbook of Kisses and Curses is a hoot. Again Amanda Ronconi does an amazing job on this series. You can see the characters come to life, and it's an enjoyable listen. So, if you are in the mood for something fun you might give A Witch's Handbook of Kisses and Curses a try.

Rating:
4 1/2 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment